Wednesday, February 4, 2015

You Can't Move Mountains by Whispering at Them

“What if life didn’t happen to you, it happened for you?”

What if I examined all of the things that had happened “to” me before and saw where it had led me?  What if I realized there was a purpose for every circumstance of difficulty, struggle, pain, and trauma?  How would my perspective change if I realized my quality of life is directly related to my reactions?

Would I stop and appreciate these moments of darkness, if I realized they were necessary to guide me to the light in my life?

With a change in focus, you can change your life. We all have the power to change our lives.

Instead of waiting for life to happen, make it happen. Instead of waiting for a change, create a change.
 
Living up to our full potential is not trying to avoid making mistakes. It’s giving it our all, wholeheartedly, with all we’ve got.

Professionally, I am now reconnecting with my full potential through everything I do.

I choose to explore. I choose to explore me. I choose me.

Living up to my full potential is doing my thing at my pace, in my own fabulous, imperfect way.

Some will like it, some won’t. Living up to my full potential is being cool with that instead of trying to please everyone else.

I’m done living someone else’s life. Living up to my full potential is giving myself permission to be who I am and tapping into my unique me.

I feel empowered, scared and excited, proud and determined, playful and inspired; these are just a few of my new daily companions on this long, fascinating, winding road that is living up to my full potential.

And they didn’t come into my life by accident. I choose to invite them in. One empowering thought at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment