Saturday, February 21, 2015

Your Gaze Across My Cheeks Turned Them to Strawberry Fields


“We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face…we must do that which we think we cannot.” –Eleanor Roosevelt 


I have always been a rebel—independent, and a bit of a loner. I’ve always prided myself on self-sufficiency.  

For me, this has served my current goal of doing what I want to do with my life, regardless of whether I have any support from the outside world or not. 
I love that I am doing what excites and challenges me.  I work on my goals as much as I can, day by day.  I know that if I stick to them, eventually, I will get to places and heights I've only dreamed of.  That doesn't mean every goal flows perfectly.  I have my challenges, too.

I think, as humans, we can all be a little too hard on ourselves, sometimes.  It is easy to put ourselves down and focus inwardly when we are having a bad day.  Most days, if asked, I would say that I am a happy positive productive person.  But there are days where I feel weighed down.  On those days, I end up worrying too much about problems and other people.  Those are the days where I try very hard to 'count my blessings' and I usually drag myself out of negative thinking. 
 

It's during these tough times that we should celebrate everything that is great about us.  I love the idea of writing a list, dancing around the room to music and generally reminding myself how much 'I rock'.  There is nothing like positive affirmations and great happy music to lift one's spirits.
 
Each instance where I have walked away from an emotionally damaging and draining situation has shown me more of my own strength.  In each moment I never knew what would happen next.  But I never let the unknown stop me from following my heart. 

The unknown may seem daunting, but it is a doorway to opportunities.  I realized that taking a leap of faith toward freedom from negativity far outweighed staying and enduring it.  The tears, the stress, the frustration, and the physical and mental toll that it takes on you are never worth it.  I’d rather have tears of laughter.  I’d rather help others find their way out of negative situations. 

Each time you rid yourself of negativity, you leave room for the positive.  For every negative situation I left behind, I came across many positives.  There are so many good people in the world and so much life to experience.



I tell you though - it takes great courage and character to live like this and I hope these words help others to see the light too.

No comments:

Post a Comment