Wednesday, February 25, 2015

We Love the Things We Love for What They Are

It is better to walk away from a job that does not fulfill you and bring you happiness than to continue to go through the motions in a job that drains you. After 20 years in Corporate America, making lots of money for the companies I worked for, I walked away and am now working to reinvent myself. It was scary to leave, but I've never been happier with a decision I've made.  

I remember when Oprah used to tell people to work at something that brings you happiness; that you're passionate about... the money would come. It used to bother me because I was not passionate about what I did. I was good at it, but I was not passionate about it. I just never thought that I would ever find a career that would suit me and fill that need.

Sometimes opportunities present themselves in the most difficult of situations and all we need to do is be open to the possibilities.  Through necessity, I found myself wanting to reinvent myself and perhaps find that passion that I lacked early in my career.  Now that I am beginning to realize what my dream is, I don't plan to look back.

The money does come, eventually, if you work hard enough at what you are doing.  I expect it to come in much better figures than it ever did with my salary.  I am setting my sights very high.  I am building the life of my dreams and mentoring others to do the same along the way. I am using my unique skill set to build my own business and it is more fulfilling than anything I've done in the past and certainly more fulfilling than I could have ever dreamed.  

The freedom to pursue your heart’s desires and to build on your passions is not over-rated. The freedom to design the life you want to live is the greatest gift you can give yourself!

Take small steps today, volunteer, network with others that have similar interests, practice what you love, imagine your dream life and start living as if it already exists. 

"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived?  Find your passion, whatever it may be.  Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you.” – Alan Armstrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment