Thursday, January 1, 2015

Courage is the Magic that Turns Dreams into Reality




The process of a passion isn’t just the road to an outcome, though of course we have specific goals in mind. The process is where the love and life is.  Often, when I want to sit and think about a particular problem or circumstance and try to figure out a solution, it makes a world of difference to stop thinking about it and start feeling and experiencing something else.  For me, taking a break from thinking and processing is inspiring and brings about great ideas and solutions.  I find that my best writing occurs when my mind is clear and I'm not giving any thought to writing whatsoever.  While there is something to be said for thinking things through, sometimes I find that it is far more useful to just let everything go, create some space for myself, and than see what ideas and feelings emerge in that new place of clarity and stillness.  Last week, I began jotting down ideas for a book I had originally intended to start writing a couple of months ago, but life got in the way, as it often does. By being immersed in my process – suiting up and showing up for my life – I created a meaningful outcome.  It has always been a goal of mine to write a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment