Wednesday, January 7, 2015

No Greater Light Illuminates My Path Than Love





I believe that one of the biggest misconceptions in life is that somehow we are powerless to let go of what’s behind us.  That we have to carry all of our regrets, shames, disappointments, and that it has to dictate how our future life will unfold.  Life doesn’t have to be that way.  At any moment, you can let go of who you’ve been and decide to be someone new or to do something different. I'm not saying it's easy, but it is always a choice you can make.  You can either dwell and stay stuck, or let go and feel free.

I did at one point believe I had completely screwed up my life.  In fact, for a while I wondered how I could have "wasted" so much time on things that didn't matter or in moments of complete unhappiness.  If not for the type of thinking outlined here, I don't think I would have even tried to turn my life around. I probably would have felt that it was too late to make any kind of change, and maybe even spiraled into a sense of hopelessness.

So I guess my point here is this: it may, in fact, be too late for some things.  I won't deny that there are a lot of missed opportunities that in hindsight I wish I had taken.  I also realize that there are things I can't change, and there are parts of my life I can't go back and do over.  But that doesn't mean it's too late for everything.  So much of our life is shaped by our attitude. While it's totally understandable how certain situations could make it nearly impossible for a person to stay positive, I still believe attitude can make a massive difference in the way we experience and create our lives.

True wisdom, the stuff you cannot touch but somehow feel and truly understand comes from one place, that source is inside of you.  That place is always there, present and free.  Wisdom is not something you can grab onto, life moves too fast, but if you follow the old saying, 'go with the flow', you might catch some glimpses of it through experience.  Maybe rather than going with the flow a better statement is to be the flow.  Be the flow in your life and everything may just fall into place.  You know the greatest happiness doesn't come from happy thoughts, or all the good times, memories and such.  It comes from getting real with yourself.  Pieces of a pie may be "good" pieces of a pie or they might be "bad", but in the end its still a pie and pie's rock!  Remember to love yourself and allow yourself to be loved, and don't let that feeling go.  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment