Saturday, January 17, 2015

Be Bold, Be Brave Enough to Be Your True Self



I am very familiar with the "there is something missing in my life" feeling. I have laid in bed countless nights wondering how to repair situations that led to that feeling.  Instead of repairing rifts, I blocked out certain emotions and turned my focus on distracting myself with trivial things that actually ended up supporting my future career goals.  It's easy to get caught up in trying to fill empty voids with things that only temporarily bring happiness, instead of going out and finding the things that touch your soul and bring a smile to your heart forever.  Over the last couple of years, I have lost sight of what life is all about. I am constantly reminding myself that life is about reaching out to others, especially those who are hurting and need help.  Showing others love, kindness, and generosity is a humbling experience that has made me feel more connected with the world and those who live in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment