Saturday, May 2, 2015

Love is a Deeper Season Than Reason; My Sweet One




If you really knew me…

You’d know I have hazel eyes.  You'd also know my eyes change colors based on my mood and/or lighting.  My eyes are often mistaken for brown, but if you actually looked at them you'd see a whole lot of green.  When they are green, it's usually a bad sign.  The green dominates when I'm sad or angry.

You’d know I love the rain.  I love the way the air smells when it rains.  I find the sound of rain soothing.  I sleep best when it's raining.

You’d know I’m afraid of scorpions.  I scream bloody murder when I see one.  They give me the heebie-jeebies.  I jump on counter tops and throw things until someone kills it.  I get the creepy crawly feeling, like one is crawling on me, after I've seen one.  It takes awhile for me to get over it.

You’d know I love my cats.  I have two, Mozart and Daisy.  I rescued both, and had no intentions of keeping either.  I knew the moment I named them, I was keeping them.  They are my babies.

On that note, you’d know I talk to my cats, and they come to me by name.  I give them little kitty kisses on their noses and the tops of their heads every day.  I also yell at them when they bring me lizards, and ground them for a week.

You’d know I love positive quotes and Words of Affirmation. The best thing anyone can do for me is say (or better yet, write) something loving, encouraging, uplifting, or nice to me.  Yep.  I love happy positive wise words.  Love ‘em.

You’d know I don't drink coffee, but I do like soda.  Soda is where I get my caffeine fix.  I drink one can a day, usually.  I know it's not good for me, but I just can't stop!

You’d know every year, for one month, I give up all sweets (sodas included).  This is an incredible feat because I am addicted to sweets.  I have a ginormous sweet tooth.

You’d know I hate watching romance movies, especially the over the top lovey-dovey ones.  I refuse to watch them because the pace is too slow.  I get bored easily.  Movies, in general, do not hold my interest.  If I watch them, I need humor and a screen full of explosions.

On that note, you’d know I hated the movie Titanic.  Thirty minutes in, I was rooting for the iceberg.  Sink the ship already... that movie made me want to bang my head against a wall.

You’d know I love to read.  You'd also know I love to write.  I tend to gravitate heaviest toward suspense and mystery.  I love writing fantasy.  I also read and write fan-fiction.

You’d know I listen to music every day.  I can not live without music.  I'm not genre specific.  When it comes to my musical tastes, I'm very open-minded, but a large part of my day is metal and eighties hair bands.  I listen to all things Def Leppard.  Gary Allan is my country man of choice.  I absolutely love Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas.  This is my thinking music.

You’d know I have to sleep with at least one foot outside the covers… sometimes both.  I can not sleep with socks on.  I don't like my feet covered because I get too hot. 

On that note, you’d know when I am in a relationship, and sharing a bed, one of my feet has to touch his while I sleep.  I don't like to feel crowded when I sleep, but I like the security of knowing he's there.

You'd know that when Christmas comes around, I like to go for drives around the neighborhoods and look at the lights.  It reminds me of my childhood.  During the Christmas season my father would take us for long drives.  We'd eat fast food and look at all the different decorations and colorful lights. 

On that note, you’d know my father also used to take us to the overlooks when we lived in Vegas.  We would park and we would watch the lights of the city slowly come to life as the sun went down.  Because of this, I have a love of rainbow colored lights.

You’d know I love the stars.  I can lay out underneath them for hours.  I make wishes on falling stars.  I actively search out planets when I know they are visible to the naked eye.  I have observed both Halley's comet and Comet Hale–Bopp.  I've gotten out of bed at three in the morning to witness the space shuttle's reentry.  Do you remember when the space shuttle landed at White Sands?  I do. 

And… I guess that is it for now.  It was fun to come up with things that only those closest to you would know.  You should try it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment