Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Champion the Right to be Yourself; Dare to be Different

What I've Been Writing:

I have been working my way through notebooks, piecing together fragments of stories.  While I make money from the content I write on-line for others, my dream is to write short stories and novels.  I have many outlines siting in random notebooks; I also have dialogue, descriptors, rough drafts, and skeletons of stories waiting to be filled in and placed somewhere.  Unfortunately, everything I have ever written has been placed in multiple notebooks, fragments of stories are spread across numerous pages.  I am trying to determine my mindset when I was outlining each story so that I can determine where each fragment belongs.

What I've Been Reading:

I've been reading my own stories, refreshing my mind, and reintroducing myself to my non-technical writing style.  I've also started pulling books from my library and have been skimming over them.  I am a fan of Nora Roberts, her books are sitting on my desk right now.  I also have open fitness magazines scattered about.  Jewelry reference guides, a dictionary, and a thesaurus, are also haphazardly strewn about.  I am sitting around piles and piles of notebooks, magazines, reference materials, and books.  I'm working on developing niches to write in.  I have extensive experience in fitness, jewelry, and drink mixing.  It makes sense for me to focus my attention on those areas.  I've also contemplated book reviews since reading is a hobby.

What I've Been Watching:

I have been listening to The Big Bang Theory since I don't really find much time to watch television.  I am also watching/listening to re-runs of Friends, Smallville, Law and Order SVU, and music videos.  What others don't understand about my watching habits – the things I watch are for the betterment of my storytelling.  When I'm watching television or videos, I'm looking for things: mannerisms, dialogue, how individuals interact with each other and then I use those visuals to help me describe situations that I'm writing about.  Television for me is not for enjoyment, it's research.

What I've Been Listening To:

What haven't I been listening to?  That is a better question.  I have a radio on at all times.  I am always listening to a mix of something.  Music is my enjoyment.  It is so easy to inject into my day with no interference.

What Have I Challenged Myself To Do:

I've been consistent with my running, with the exception of a few days of rain which pretty much ruined my chances of running outside.  I've started lifting with the free-weights I have here at home.  I do standard crunches.  I've been implementing stretch/yoga breaks to alleviate stress on my back from sitting too much.  This level of fitness is normal for me.  The exercises I am actually doing are tame in comparison to the exercises I've done in the past.  I have always lifted heavy, and for a long time I was seriously considering fitness as a career (I even went to school to study it).  From my twenties to my late thirties, you could find me in the weight room seven days a week, usually working with the boys.  I was never one for excuses, unless I was sick, I could be found in a gym.  So what then is my challenge?  I've been working on handstands every single day, ten sets held for ninety seconds each.  While it is a total body workout, handstands are an intense upper body workout.  My weakest area, fitness wise, is my upper body; I am working to change that.  I need to develop my triceps and biceps.  Handstands have actually done wonders for the stiff back issue I've been plagued with since starting a job that requires me to sit at a computer all day.  I am also forcing myself to do push ups.  We all have that exercise we hate, push ups are my bane.  It hasn't been comfortable, I am sore and swollen, but I still do them.

What I've Been Eating:


While I do have favorite foods, and I can guarantee the majority of what I eat isn't the best for me, I've been really focused on my veggie intake.  I love vegetables, but I don't eat near enough, and that's not good for me.  I still eat all the bad for me foods (hamburgers and french fries, never going to give those up), but I make sure to incorporate good for me foods so that my diet remains balanced.

What I'm Planning:

I am in need of a vacation, therefore I am planning to take a trip in the near future.  It's been awhile since my last trip (November to be exact) and I'm getting anxious.  It's very common for me to get into these moods, and I feel like I just need to go.  I have the travelers bug.  I'm ready to get on a plane and go, but I worry about leaving for an undisclosed amount of time.  I'll be away from the resource I use to make money, and I am building a business that relies on my being present.  I understand that I can take a notebook with me, that I can jot down notes in spare moments; but I have obligations and responsibilities, and I don't want to waste a lot of money going somewhere if it doesn't benefit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment