Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Splash O' Spring


We live in a world that is full of contradictions.  It is a world in which to feel love is to feel pain. Where knowing happiness cannot come without knowing melancholy and depression. Where success can never be achieved unless one is accustomed to failure. Where hope is akin to despair and anguish. Where there is no truth not clouded by lies. Where there is no such thing as good without evil to oppose it. Where life is always accompanied by death.
No one would think that a thief, a budding scientist, and a kid just looking for kicks and giggles could ever get along, but those who look beneath the surface would get a glimpse of something beyond those superficial aspects – a bond forged so strong that even the mightiest forces on Earth could not cause it to shatter.
I never bother with telephones and instead stay in contact the old fashioned way - with words that can be viewed on a computer screen. 
Fact about me.  I get mad at movies and video games that make me cry.  I love the show House, because I like Doctor House, but I can't watch the show because the surgery part bothers me.  I gross out easily.  I love the Final Fantasy series, it's my favorite series.  I can never play Final Fantasy X again because the ending upset me.
The wind refuses to cooperate.  Next week we are looking to be in the high sixties with ridiculous wind speeds.  That's warm enough for outdoor running.  The wind is mocking me.  I am thrilled to be back on a consistent workout schedule.  Even if that consistency keeps me inside until the wind lets up.  I feel healthy. 
A question I asked the bloggers I interviewed:  What was the last book you read?  For me that would be Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot the illustrated edition.  I've been reading a lot lately, but most of what I've read has been on-line.  I like the feeling of holding a book in my hand.  My current read is The Body You Want In The Time You Have.  It's research and refresher for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment