Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Underground Rock


I'm contemplating playing a game of twenty questions with myself for this blog.  After all, I am the person interviewing the Bloggers, Designers, and Illustrators for DeWinter magazine, and since I do have my own blog now, I thought it might be interesting to see how I'd answer my own questions.  I'm in the process of searching through my hard drive for the original questions I sent out for the first issue of the magazine.  Funny thought about those questions, I think I may have scared off a few of the Bloggers with the questions I asked.  I don't think they thought I was going to ask anything deeper than what their favorite color of lipstick is or their favorite brand.  I had to dummy down the questions for the first interviews.  If my sister does get this magazine going, and Bloggers want to be interviewed to be in it, that courtesy will not be extended again.

3 comments:

  1. No If's about it! We are making our new website a work of art! I love being able to evolve what we have and make it into what I want it to be. Our PR team actually agrees with my approach to not forcing this stuff just to get it out. It is going to be an amazing ride. The preview will come out along with the blog and the first issue in a row. I am very lucky we have a strong team. I also agree the easy questions are worthless. If you can read them in several other locations what is the point in asking them again. You can always go back and refer to the information already out there in an intro. I prefer more worthwhile questions. Questions that teach me things I could never have found out using Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have faith that the magazine will come out. But, I'm not making any promises as to when. Revamping the website is a great idea. Aligning everything for a simultaneous launch makes sense. You never saw the original questions. You've only seen what I dummied them down to. I think you'd have loved the original questions. They were so perfectly in line with the image of the magazine.

      Delete
  2. They all got changed anyhow! I don't do dumbed down at all! I will contact people myself and ask questions and my questions are not frilly, cupcakes and glitter crap. I know they want to protect their brands, but they do themselves a disservice. That is why the change to the website. What is seen is a holding page, but the part you guys couldn't see that was days away from release lacked what I wanted, so it required hiring on a new team to make it into art. But I know the release dates of the preview, blog, and issue #1 but I decided this time to keep that to myself until all parties are finished.

    ReplyDelete