Monday, February 4, 2013

Desert Glow


Life is full of what ifs. It doesn't matter what you do, you'll always have that moment where you ask yourself "What if I had done this instead?"   There are several things I regret in my life, but none to the point of utter despair.   I feed my own soul and fill my own goals; there are angels looking over my shoulder.




Scratch a cynic and you'll find they bleed disappointment. Scratch an optimist and you'll find they do not bleed at all, having yet to learn what disappointment is. Scratch a realist and you'll find they merely bleed… it is the nature of the beast.





We are all mirrors; reflective surfaces wherein the expectations of others are all that can be seen of us. It is rare for anyone to see beyond the reflection to the sight within.   There is no mystery greater than man; we are all enigmas and uncharted territory to each other.





Chaos is a butterfly, and tomorrow is another day but yesterday is irreplaceable.
Super Bowl party with good friends Andrew and Cory.
These are the Sunday Game Night guys, minus a few bodies:  Mark, Drew, Cory, and Bruce.  Bruce was kind enough to invite us all to his parent's home in Tijeras for a Super Bowl party.  His father and mother are incredibly sweet and very kind, they allowed me to take pictures for this blog, and they have invited me back in the spring time to do more fashion pictures.  The area that surrounds their home is gorgeous, and there are so many places to play.  It's going to be a fun time.  I had an amazingly good night last night.  Though I am disappointed by the outcome, I didn't want the Ravens to win, it was still a very memorable Super Bowl.

5 comments:

  1. I wanted the Ravens to win! :P Oh and I won big! :)

    I never ask myself what if! I live life with no regrets! I have had pain, disappointment, etc...but at the end of the day I love what I have and who I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet on the game? I've never known you to bet on football. You have never asked yourself, at any moment in time, the question what if? Asking yourself what if does not take away from the happiness you have found in your life. What if is merely a reflection. I could give you a handful of what ifs and once you've heard them I'd bet you'd look at them and say well yeah I have thought about that. I know this because you and I have talked about plenty of what ifs. I live life knowing I have plenty of regrets, but I choose to ignore them. Those regrets have put me on the current path I am on. I disregard the whole concept of living with no regrets because to me that sounds like saying I've lived the perfect life. I've made no mistakes. Regret is also a reflection. I would hope that say a murderer, in a moment of deep reflection, while sitting in his prison cell waiting on his death sentence, would regret killing another person.

      Delete
  2. I don't usually bet on anything, but some groups I am in did pool bet kind of things and we had to choose a team and a score. I was very lucky! My winnings paid my rent for the month.

    I am not saying that I didn't use to think that way, but I had a sort of epiphany and realized any ripple in the water would mean I wouldn't have my truest treasures. I'd rather have them then anything in this world even in a 2 sec what if scenario. So what if is pointless to me! It is easy to think about how things would be if one thing didn't happen or if a slight change is made but it discounts what you learned about life through those experiences. Yes, I like to reflect on the past and remember the things that shaped who I am, but I don't wish they were changed. Having an Eidetic memory and not being able to remember things the way people tell me they happened always gets to me so reflecting on the past helps me see those. I know some of it is because when I am sick my memory gets hazy but it is just odd to hear stuff and not remember it. So I like that I can sit down with some people and talk about it. But I have no regrets in life. Not anymore! I also am not into the victim mentality! It's just what I learned about what truly matters. Besides, hindsight is always 20-20! It is easy to reflect on making a different choice and seeing the differences in what could have been, but it is a false perception of reality. But at the end of the day if you are content with your life, there is no reason to regret the choices you have made. And for me no matter how much I struggled it doesn't matter because at the end of the day I have E and T and they are worth more than anything I could have had or may end up having. If I fail or succeed, won't change that have something spectacular as a result of my past choices and the choices of the people around me. I am not saying that you shouldn't reflect on the past or ask what if, but I won't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ambiguous on purpose. Every single thing I write is left open to interpretation. You saw the surface, but there is a deeper meaning, and a multiple meaning as well. Only the writer knows the true meaning behind the words that are written.

      That said, awesome that you won enough to pay the rent.

      And your statement is so eloquent that I am proud to have it on my blog.

      Delete
  3. I did figure it had a deeper meaning, but I typically say the first thing I think because that is how it touched me. I know you are a multifaceted person. :)

    Yeah, I am in my very own place so winning was pretty great. :)

    Thanks! I can't wait until you take pics up on the mountain! :)

    ReplyDelete