Monday, February 8, 2016

A Work of Art is the Trace of a Magnificent Struggle

I truly believe that it is possible for ordinary people to achieve extraordinary things. It is my opinion, but I do believe it doesn't matter what title a person holds, or the position of power that they have been graced with, the difference between someone who is ordinary and someone who is extraordinary is in what they do to make the world a better place for all of us who live in it. I am not just talking about those who are gung ho on stopping wars, creating safe zones, or saving our planet - for me that means every environment we inhabit, whether it be home, work, or this planet in general. There should never be a situation where someone feels unsafe in their personal environment.

Honestly, I can't tell you why people do the things they do, or make the decisions they make. I would have to be the one standing in their shoes to understand why certain paths are chosen over others. I do know that when you make a choice to intervene and help a person, and the choice you've made has the potential to be a lifesaving decision that can affect the safety of that person, and even the people around them, then you've performed an extraordinary act.

I believe it's my right and it is also my responsibility to help create an environment that doesn’t promote anger, hostility, or hate, and seeks to find solutions in dealing with the problems that plague us. There are multiple solutions to every problem, but there are times when the solutions don't come easy, and sometimes we don't achieve the desired results.

It takes courage to voice an opinion, especially in an era that ridicules a person for their beliefs, but I also believe that a person is responsible to find a variety of reliable sources before pushing their beliefs on other people. It is never okay to force a person to believe the way you believe.

Worrying about problems that plague us without taking steps to confront those problems is counterproductive. It takes action to make change occur. The use of words to promote our message is easy, but the truth is found in the actions we take. If enough ordinary people step forward and take action to help make this world a better place to live in, I believe as a unified community, we can, in fact, accomplish extraordinary things.

No comments:

Post a Comment