Saturday, April 11, 2015

Some Things are Destined to Be



So that the stones that you'd step on
Aching your feet....
And the curbs you would trip down
Putting you in the street...
Become less of a burden
And less of a chore
And the light of love's embracing
Protects you ever more...

Luckily time doesn't only heal wounds, it also opens our eyes to what we didn't see before and it helps guide us to new paths. 

My ex-husband for example, he wasn't a bad guy, but I've learned that that relationship wasn't what I thought it was.  I was in a state of denial and in some sort of desperation, and a bit of stubbornness I guess, I lost myself in an unhealthy relationship and began to doubt my own abilities. 

The biggest lesson I learned from that relationship was to trust myself and listen to my instincts.  Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, I would do it all over again because without the difficulties and tears, I wouldn't be who and where I am today.  Sometimes you have to be knocked to your knees and left breathless before you can really stand up on your own two feet, catch your breath and see things with new eyes and with a new attitude. 

I know, sometimes it feels like things will never get better, but they will.  We seem to give our power to other people to the point that we feel completely powerless to live our own lives. 

I finally wiped the dust from my eyes and began to see that I am the only one in control of my life.  My life is my own creation and although it can be impacted by others, it doesn't have to be destroyed by negative people and experiences.  I can take the mistakes, the hurt and the tears and turn them into something useful and empowering. 

I am a work in progress, but the path ahead of me is so much brighter and happier than anything I previously had.  Heartache can really bring with it blessings and opportunities you could never imagine.  No matter how awful it feels at first over time the pain eventually gives way to acceptance and understanding.  If you're lucky and can let go and forgive you free yourself from carrying the burden of anger, frustration and unhappiness.  Just have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment