Tuesday, September 8, 2015

This Has Been My Life; I Find It Worth Living

Goal Weight, Goal Behaviors, Goal Thoughts :

I am back from my Labor Day off and happy to see everyone here.  I had a great time just relaxing and taking care of myself for the day.  There was no pressure to get anything done.  I took time for me.  I enjoyed the day.  It's not often that I get just for me moments.  I spent two hours walking, enjoying nature, and the morning in general.


If you know me then you know that I'm diligent about maintaining my weight, and I try not to allow it to fluctuate more than a couple of pounds.  I try not to snack, and eat only when I'm hungry.  I try to drink plenty of water.  I try not to sit for too long.  I try to add higher fiber foods, and more protein to my meals.  I exercise every day.


This isn't a one hundred percent vanity thing, although I do like that I easily slip into a size two dress, I am not on a diet, nor am I trying to lose weight.  My love of fitness has more to do with health.  I have allergies.  I have asthma.  While I control my allergies with medication, I absolutely despise taking my inhaler.  Exercise built up my lungs so I don't have to.  My goal when I workout is to maintain my health, and if my dress size doesn't suffer than that is a bonus.


My family has a rich history of diabetes.  My family has a history of heart disease.  My family has a history of breast cancer.  Exercise is preventative maintenance and a sleek, toned look is the bonus my body receives.


I don't exercise for hours.  I exercise for an hour.  I do cardio: running outdoors, walking, and bicycling.  I do bodyweight exercise.  I lift using free weights.  I have not paid for a gym membership in ages because everything I need I have at home.  I have an incredible running trail that starts right behind my home and leads to an area beside the petroglyphs, the city provides this to me, and all of its residence.  It's a public trail, and it sees a lot of traffic.  It's a safe area for me to run. 


Being outside is important to me.  Nature is important to me.  This planet is important to me.


I'm not an environmentalist per se, but I do believe that if you can take preventative steps to save the planet then you should do it.  We have plenty of renewable resources, there is no logical reason to cut down a forest when we can recycle the paper the tree we cut down before it created.  I feel the same way about driving when you are close enough to walk to your locations.  The cost of gas is ridiculous, and that is why I limit the amount I drive.  The water company just punished the entire city with a rate hike for conserving too much water; they failed to meet their quota.  So yes, I am about finding better energy resources that benefit the community and the environment, not punish them.  I do have environmental goals, but I'm not an extreme radical in the way I present them.  For me, I enjoy being in and around nature, and I don't like the idea of our planet being destroyed for the sake of corporate greed.


I do believe in human rights.  I believe we should be treating each other with respect and dignity, regardless of what country we live in.  Human Rights is a touchy subject to talk about because many countries don't have the same rights as the country I live in, and many don't understand what these rights mean.


I don't talk politics, but I vote in every election.  There is nothing more sacred than the right to vote.  I do have a vision as to how I'd like to see our nation evolve.  My voice is in my vote.  I am registered to a party, but that doesn't mean my vote is limited to that party.


I believe in animal rights, but I'm not going to tell someone not to slaughter a cow when I just ate a steak.  I am not a vegetarian.  I understand that we raise certain animals as a food source.  I also understand that an overpopulation of any creature can destroy an entire ecosystem.  On the reverse, killing off an entire population of animals can also have negative effects on the ecosystem.  Killing an animal for the sake of a trophy, or a tusk to make trinkets, makes no sense to me.


Obviously I have work goals, and goals that pertain to where I hope to go in the future.  It's not just about where I live, or how many books I plan to write.
I am happy to see that my websites have generated the best week ever for me, and it's not just by a small amount, but by an increase of about fifty percent.  I've made sacrifices in my personal life in order to build up a business that I could be proud of.  My commissions and income from writing sources have already been growing steadily in the past three years, but there is still room to grow, and places to build.  I am on pace to not only reach my business goals, but to blow them clean out of the water.  I may even need to set some higher goals.


My goals are not just to produce an income for myself.  I would love to teach my family and friends how they can create income streams on-line.  That takes dedication on their part.  If I tell them to start a blog, and they haven't yet, then they are obviously not dedicated to the process.  It takes time and effort to build a steady following.  I can't just go in and wave a wand and make it happen for them.  I love watching others succeed, and I would love to be a part of that, but I can't do it for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment