Thursday, March 26, 2015

I Take on the Responsibility for Making My Dream a Reality

When I'm writing, I get into that state of flow where it becomes highly meditative.  I guess you could say I fit my contemplative practice into the cracks of my everyday life.

First of all, doing things in accordance with your core values is absolutely essential. Many people drift through life super busy, but never actually work on the things that matter to them.

Secondly, to-do lists suck! I have eliminated most of them from my life, and it feels great. Sure, some might say that they need them to get things done. But honestly, if your life is so complex that you need lists to manage it, you may want to relax a little and simplify what you're doing.

To me, lists and structure is so contrary to what life is supposed to be.  It's so easy to get distracted and sidetracked. I find it helps me stay focused on my values and vision just to repeatedly ask myself, "What are my priorities?"

Right now, I'm really working on simplifying my life.

I sometimes find myself feeling so overwhelmed that I don't even know where or how to start and I lose all efficiency in my work.  Focusing on one thing at a time ("single-tasking") and just letting the rest go until I have the full time and energy to spend on it is the way to go.

I remind myself that I can’t worry my way out of worrying, and that the most effective use of any moment is to fully do whatever it is I’m doing.  The rest will get done later.  That, I’m learning, is the most important part of simplifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment