Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Night Out

Tonight I went out to dinner with some really good friends.  Here I'm pictured with Pam.








I know so many women who are shoe women.  My sister is one.  When it comes to shoes, I can tell you what I think is pretty.  I have a pinboard devoted to shoes.  I can tell you what looks good with an outfit.  I have a pinboard devoted to pairing pretty shoes with pretty clothes.  Scarily enough, I can even name shoe designers.  I thank my sister for that one.  Insanely, I have managed to amass quite the collection of shoes, and I don't wear half of them.  I get the attraction to shoes.  I understand a woman's obsession with shoes.  But, I personally don't have a love affair with them.  I can blame that on my mom, she ran around barefoot or in flip flops the majority of my childhood, until she became a nurse and then it was nurse's shoes.  I grew up loving to be barefoot.  Getting me to put on a pair of shoes was a struggle.  And my shoes never stayed on long, the moment I could take them off they were gone.  Boots are a different story.  I feel sturdy in boots.  I like the support boots provide me.  I feel confident in boots.  That is why boots are going to be a recurring them in this blog, as you will soon come discover.


5 comments:

  1. The funny thing is as much as I love shoes, when I am at home I remain barefoot, in slippers, or sandals. It is crazy! But I got to say when I read blogs my first thought is let me see the shoes up close. And then I wait to fall in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I look at blogs, I look at dresses first. Boots will always catch my attention. Shoes don't do it for me. A pair of shoes will never sell me on a blog. When reading blogs, I look for photo and word content. I also look for blogger responses to comments. If a blogger is to busy to talk to their fans then they won't get my attention.

      Delete
  2. I love dresses! I fall in love with shoes so often you'd think shoes are all I care about. I am a little more critical of blogs now. for a period it seemed like I was looking at different versions of the same thing so I stopped reading blogs altogether. Now I look for the item that makes them stand out. I agree the bloggers need to pay attention to their fans. That is why I love Capture Fashion and Peace Love Shea because both have responded to me via email or comments when I have written to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading so many blogs lately, trying to figure out the best approach to dealing with mine. I have to agree that a lot of them feel the same, different clothes, but the same concept. I bought this here and have a good day. I'm trying to keep mine in line with what fashion blogging is, add personal touches, and keep in tune with the magazine. I haven't read those blogs. I'll check them out.

      Delete
  3. Well, Peace Love Shea used to be called Cheyenne Meets Chanel so I believe you have seen it but look at Capture Fashion I think you will like it. She does editorial style shoots on her site as well as he personal fashion. The images are lovely! I like the group that is connected to Fashion Toast. It is as if the entire group is a family and they run like a magazine. Chic Muse is also one with amazing photos. She has a way of making each shot have that Magazine feel to it. You'll figure out your blog and you'll have fun.

    ReplyDelete