Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Put Your Heart, Mind, and Soul Into Even Your Smallest Acts


Personally, I don't know very many women who don't absolutely love a beautiful piece of jewelry. With the Internet and brick and mortar stores, there are a plethora of different types of jewelry options you can find - some unique, others mass produced - and depending on the type of person you are, your jewelry tastes will determine the kind of jewelry you purchase.

Personally, I prefer sterling silver or white gold when it comes to the metal I wear, with random stones, and different shapes. I, like most women, own a variety of jewelry ranging from cheap fashion pieces to high end quality pieces, and a majority of in betweens. I buy what is reasonable, and on occasion splurge for a really great piece that I reserve for special occasions.

Recently, I received samples from Star Harvest Jewelry, a wholesale company, that provided me with both quality and fun pieces to wear. From past perspective of someone who used to sell jewelry, and at one point was the Director of Purchasing with the responsibility of acquiring metals and stones for a manufacturing company, I can say I am pleasantly surprised by the shape, size, and quality of the pieces sent to me.


Silver jewelry will never go out of fashion, and is an inexpensive alternative to gold. This is a selling point for those who want to start a jewelry business (something I've always wanted to do), and are looking for pieces to add to their stores. It is also a selling point for those looking to expand their personal jewelry collection without emptying their bank account.

I have worn the necklace pictured above on multiple occasions, and it is becoming one of my favorite pieces. That's an important consideration when you purchase any piece of jewelry. You have to look at each piece from a would you perspective. Would you wear it? And how often? When you are investing in pieces, you want to get your money's worth. If you wear something one time, what's the point in investing in the piece?

When you are purchasing sterling silver jewelry make sure to look for the 925 stamp on each piece so that you know you are getting authentic silver jewelry.

Buying wholesale jewelry and then selling it at an increased price can create an incredible, steady source of income, but you will need to have a website, an effective marketing strategy for your business, as well as several good wholesale sources for you to purchase jewelry from.

Before you choose a wholesaler, you need to make sure they have a good, solid reputation. You can check for reviews on-line, as well as look for consumer reports illustrating good and bad business practices. When I was approached by Star Harvest Jewelry that was the first thing I did. I am happy to report they have no blemishes on their record. 

 


The next thing you should do is request samples. Most wholesale businesses will provide you with one or two pieces to look at to gauge quality. That was my experience with Star Harvest. I have been in constant communication with one of their representatives, who has been eager to provide me with any information I have requested. Make sure you consider price because it is a factor when purchasing wholesale jewelry. You want to be able to turn around and resale all pieces of jewelry at a mark-up without having to overprice the piece.

Once you have found a handful of wholesalers that provide quality products, and purchased some pieces, you then need to figure out where to sell your jewelry. You can sell at a local shop inside of a shopping strip. You can take your goods to a flea market and sell them there. You can host jewelry parties in your home. You can build your own jewelry website. You can sell on Amazon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment