Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Best Way to Pay for a Lovely Moment is to Enjoy It


Who I am is who I want to be.

I gave myself the best gift ever . . . freedom. I have embraced my freedom and am fully aware of my thoughts. Instead of re-acting to the things that happen in life, I make a choice as to how to respond to each situation as it arises.

When something happens, good or bad, I take a step back and observe events with detachment.

Once I see the “what is” as it is, I choose whether or not to respond, and make a decision as to how I respond to those events.

Sometimes my response requires nothing more than re-focusing my thoughts.

Emotions arise. Happiness, sadness, anger, or frustration signal me to watch my thoughts with mindful attention. If I’m happy, I keep doing what I’m doing. If I’m not happy, I evaluate what is detracting from my happiness.

Watching life with alert curiosity allows me to sidestep master manipulators who use guilt, anger, or idle flattery to control my thoughts and actions.

I don’t worry about my reputation. What others think of me is none of my business. I use an internal compass to guide my actions, without using others as a frame of reference.

I wake each morning absolutely determined to enjoy the day.

I don’t hang on to yesterday’s junk (disappointments, anger, or sadness).

Nor do I worry about reaching some elusive future destination “down the road.”

Unfulfilled desires create unnecessary suffering. Life is short and can end without warning. Why worry about a tomorrow that may never arrive?

I focus on enjoying the journey right here, right now, allowing the path to unfold before me . . . moment by moment and step by step.

The way teaches us the way.

Be Here Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment