Sunday, June 14, 2015

Kindness, I've Discovered, is Everything in Life


While I was reading today, I found a list of challenges that are supposed to help inspire daily blog postings.  While I don't post every day, I still found certain topics on the list to be interesting enough to encourage me to partake in the challenge. 

I think that this challenge could possibly be my favorite topic. I'm sure the intention was to create easy challenges intermixed with harder ones so that there wouldn't be so much pressure on the writer to get a post written: life gets in the way, people have jobs, and sometimes blogs sit for long periods without new content being placed on them (which is a blog killer if you are trying to Google rank because you need constant content and words to rank).  I know... this blog was a victim to that for a period of time, and yes it had everything to do with life getting in the way, but I never actually meant to stop writing all together.  With all that has happened, I am more cautious about my approach to blogging. I didn't stop writing because I had writer's block or I lacked the time; I felt bullied into quitting, and I am determined to make sure that doesn't happen again.  I'll take on as many challenges as I find as long as it keeps the words flowing. 

Today's challenge is all about our favorite quotes, and personally, I freaking love quotes.  I actually have a notebook where I write down each and every quote that inspires me; those that spark memories in me, quotes from my favorite books and films, and those that make me laugh, cry, and smile. But honestly, to pick just one quote?  I couldn't possibly do that. There are so many amazing quotes out there, and I even write my own on occasion.  Instead of choosing one quote, I've narrowed down my list of quotes to just a few.  Here they are:

What would you attempt to do if you know you could not fail?

It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, JK Rowling

Words are of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. - Rudyard Kipling

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more. - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, - JK Rowling

Preparation can only take you so far, after that you gotta take a few leaps of faith. - Prison Break

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. - William James

No comments:

Post a Comment