Thursday, December 10, 2015

You Never Needed Wings to Fly, You Only Need Love

Most of the women I know, I've known for years. All of them are loving, supportive, caring people, and I feel blessed to know and have them as a part of my life. If a woman feels threatened by me, then I'm going to have a problem trusting her. If I can't trust her, then I can't have her in my space, near my family and friends. Jealousy doesn't work for me. Drama doesn't work for me. I will not subject myself, or the people I care about, to this type of behavior.

I am at a place in my life where I only want to be surrounded by positive, supportive people whose purpose in life is to help build others up, not tear them down. I want to see my family and friends happy. I want to see them in relationships. I want to see them getting married, building a career, buying a house, having children. I want to go to their birthday parties, bridal showers, weddings, baby showers; the list goes on. If I say I'm your friend, then I'm your friend. I'm busy building a business, but I'd be there for anyone of my family members or friends if they called me and said they needed me, in a heartbeat. Personally, I am extremely loyal. I take relationships seriously.

But, if you are jealous of the good things that are happening for me, the things I've worked hard to build, and the goals I've set for myself; well that's childish and immature, and you need to worry about fixing your own life and staying out of mine. I have no time or patience for people like this. If you're happy with your own life, you'll be happy for the successes of others, plain and simple.

If you say you want to have nothing to do with me, and you want nothing to do with my life then you need to leave it. If you can't publicly announce a friendship with me, then we can't be friends, not even privately.  I am not the kind of person who is ashamed to be seen talking with anybody. I think it's cowardly to conform to what other people expect. I appreciate authentic real individuals, regardless of how quirky their behavior seems to be.  I most definitely do not allow others to choose my friends for me. I never allow anyone to have that sort of power over me or my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment