Sunday, December 6, 2015

Every Word You’ve Ever Said, is Written Somewhere in My Soul

 

This week has not been everything I hoped for.

In addition to getting fabulous ideas from my brainstorming sessions, reading some great writing, finishing NANO, turning another year older; I also got a large helping of bad news. Can we say change of plans? The news is not about me personally per se, but affects me personally.

I don’t know what you do when you’re crying your eyes out or wanting to sleep so you can forget everything that is going on, but I have work deadlines and they are looming much too close to lie in bed all day. I still have to work, and in some ways the distraction is good, in others it takes an emotional toll. Needless to say, even though I didn’t feel up to writing, I got busy doing it.
This is what I managed to accomplish:
  1. Typed outlines, notes, and rough drafts from my notebooks to a word processor.
  2. Created a few new characters, and gave them identities.
  3. Updated this blog.
  4. Read a few short stories, including one from my sister, and offered feedback.
  5. Researched ideas that had nothing to do with any story I'm writing. They are article ideas.
  6. Created content from those ideas.
  7. Planned a sudden, unexpected week long trip to Santa Fe to spend with my family.
Do you resist change? While normally I relish the idea that some change is a good thing, in this case I am not happy with the changes that are soon to come. My mood will be affected, and possibly my posting schedule, as well as looks of the day for my fashion sites. I'm feeling day to day, and that feeling is going to determine what I do, and what I put off.

I'm still planning a trip towards the East in the Spring, but depending on the circumstances, those plans can change at a moment's notice.

When life tosses you a curve ball, and we all know that it will, sometimes you just have to figure out what you can do at the moment, even if you know it’s not going to be much, or necessarily your best work.

This week I’m clearing the clutter from my desk, because I have piles of notes in front of me, so that I can write from the thoughts in my head instead of notes in notebooks. That’s not such a bad idea, right? Because, after all, I have a lot of usable thoughts rolling around inside this chaos I call my mind. The best time for this writer to write, is when my emotions are raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment