Thursday, October 8, 2015

Every Flower Blooms at a Different Pace

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?

My name happens to be unique, and often misunderstood.  I am questioned regularly as to whether my parents were hippies, which is completely the opposite of who they are.  I share my mother's middle name.  My brother shares my father's. My first name has nothing to do with a hippie lifestyle.  I was named after the gemstone itself (Amethyst), or more specifically the color of the gemstone (purple).  My mother was a huge influence as to what I was named.  Purple was her favorite color, and it was the name that both my parents could agree on.  While I do go by Amethyst, you will often hear my friends and family call me by my nickname Amy or the random Ames.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?

I have moments where I reflect on past situations and sometimes certain memories make me cry.  There are some situations in life that require closure to move on.  There are moments when I feel like I'm in limbo, haunted by this ghost of a memory, like my mother's death.  Recently, I had an issue with falling asleep, and a few days later I ended up having a nightmare.  I cried … When I don't get six hours of uninterrupted sleep, I tend to be vulnerable.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?


My handwriting can be nice when I don't rush it, but I often compare myself to a doctor.  Sometimes I write so fast, I can't even read what is written. 

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?

Turkey or pastrami would be my favorites.  My perfect turkey sandwich is made on whole grain bread with Swiss cheese, mustard, lettuce/spinach, and pickles.  I love pastrami and Swiss on rye bread with a Dijon mustard.  My father once took a trip to New York for business - this was back when I lived in Las Vegas - he was introduced to pastrami while on that trip.  After that trip, pastrami became a treat food for us.  Lunch meats I do not like are ham or bologna.  With ham it's a texture thing mixed with a salty flavor.  Bologna is just gross.  I do not like white bread, unless it's homemade.  I think white bread tastes bland.  No onion or tomatoes ever touch my sandwich.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?

Do my cats count, because they sure act like children.

6. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?

I am sarcastic and playful at the same time. 

7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?

Yes, but I almost had to have them removed.  When I was younger, I ended up with mononucleosis.  I was really, really sick, but thought it was just a bad flu.  I was never treated for it.  My mother was a nurse, and she took care of me.  Later on, in my high school years, I had recurring issues with laryngitis.  After a severe asthma attack, which put me in the emergency room, the doctor found the virus attached to my tonsils.  My tonsils were swollen and had caused a blockage in my breathing.  I underwent a round of antibiotics to kill the virus, and fortunately it worked because I still have my tonsils.  That virus was in my system for roughly ten years before anyone caught it.

8. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?

When I was younger the idea of bungee jumping appealed to me, and so did skydiving.  I think somewhere inside me it still does, but it's not something I would actively pursue. Although, skydiving is on my bucket list.

9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?


Marshmallow Mateys.  My favorite cereals have marshmallows in them.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?


Mint chocolate chip.  I would have said pumpkin, but pumpkin is seasonal. 

11. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?

I don't normally talk on the phone.  My roommate was the last person I talked to.  He called to tell me the plumber was on the way.  I had a hose bibb that needed to be replaced because it was dripping water.  Mark tried to fix it himself, but he was concerned he'd break the pipe, so I called someone professional to fix it. 

12. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?

No.  Currently, I have perfect vision. 

13. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?

I prefer cardio, but I love strength training.  Lifting weights gives me confidence.  I feel powerful and strong, but cardio keeps me lean.  When I strength train, I lose too much weight, and I already have a hard time maintaining a healthy weight.

14. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?


I can live without television, but I can't live without a computer.  I earn an income on-line, so a computer is kind of necessary.  Besides, you can watch television on a computer just by streaming programs.

15. ANY TATTOOS?

No, but there was a point when I considered getting one.  I think tattoos are beautiful, but I decided it wasn't for me.  The idea of the needles scared me a little, but my decision not to get one boiled down to not knowing what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment