Thursday, April 4, 2013

When One Good Thing Leads To Another

April was first declared Child Abuse Prevention Month by presidential proclamation in 1983.  Since its declaration, April has been a time for families and communities to acknowledge and understand the importance of working together to prevent child abuse.  For my part, not only do I write campaigns to remind everyone how important this cause is, I donate tweets, and a portion of my closet to shelters that provide for women and children escaping abusive homes.  I encourage everyone to get involved, and do what they can to support the cause. 
The day these pictures were taken was not a great weather day, but the winds were broken.  Fortunately, I have a very motivated attitude toward all aspects in my life.  If I want to achieve something, I work to achieve it.  I watched and waited for the moments when the winds weren't harsh and was able to get a handful of pictures done.  I wanted to get this outfit done quickly, the pink belt is a donation.  I'm giving it to a victim of abuse.  Her favorite color is pink.  The images were taken before Easter, and were meant to be released on the 1st.  I had a slight issue with sleep deprivation, so I'm sorry for the delay. 




My skinny cords, Hudson, are made in the USA(Yay!), and were found at RueLaLa.  The top is Lavender Brown and was found at 15dollarstore.  My gemstone bracelets were from a gemstone trade show.  The gold cross bracelet was found at Amazon.  My earrings were found at Target.  The Belt was found at Walmart.  The shoes, Miss Me, are from ASOS.

5 comments:

  1. Not a fan of the belt but like the pants. Hudson is my favorite brand and those pants are unique. See you finally got some good weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The belt is my separation of colors. I like it because it's distinctive. Spring is the season of color, and I love color. I also believe in fashion risks. And this look has gained me new followers on my lookbook. Sometimes you have to make a look stand out, especially when you are competing with people who have been doing this for years. That said, someone asked me if she could have the belt, so it is going to be donated to an underprivileged closet. She likes it because it's pink. I do like to say I've worn something before I give it away. I love the pants! Not giving those away!

      Delete
  2. I think I don't like it because to me the pants are the stars of the outfit and the belt become the central focus. You know when your eye naturally travels to one point well that is where mine fall. I would tell you to keep those pants and play around with them because I can see you creating a great deal of outfits with them. Glad your Lookbook is gaining more and more followers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I'll play around with them more. I have a multitude of ideas to work with. The pants will make at least one return appearance. The belt is about the girl, and the message. That was what was most important. It is, slow and steady, but consistently gaining! :)

      Delete
    2. That's always good to have a cause to back. My causes are children related. I just started helping with this one to send foster kids going to college care packages. I also am big into helping feed the children that go to school hungry. Things like that! My sorority always had us working with women's shelters so I know the importance of them.

      Delete